Friday, August 31, 2007
A bit more bookmark.
I was hoping for a photo of some pink and purple flowers on Weezie's wall today. However, my sister got stuck on the highway between Langley and Chilliwack behind a huge accident involving an over-turned semi and something to do with chickens.
Since she had the other paint and stencils, no flowers today. So I stitched a bit and decided to update my photo of the Welsh dragon bookmark. "Cymru" is Wales in Welsh. You pronounce it somewhat like khum-ra, while having k sound gag in your throat a bit like "Ach" in German. My Welsh accent is pitiful, but I do remember how my grandma used to say it.
Monday, August 27, 2007
Tickled pink is finished.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Petal stencils on.
Yesterday my sister and I got all of the stencils on ( contact paper ) for the white flower petals and a few white centre circles. Then we got one coat of pink paint over the whole thing. Hubby is painting coat #2 right now. That should do it. Tonight when the paint is bone dry we have to carefully peel off the contact paper. I will be painting the doors with white verithane tomorrow ( moulding and chair rail already done ) and then I will take another photo. Sis is coming on Friday with the rest of the stencils to do the other flowers with hot pink and purple.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Same 3 guys, same 3 chords.
The entire show went from 7:30 to 11:30, with brief breaks between bands so the roadies could do their thing. We went with a bunch of people from the office, and a good time was had by all. Can't go wrong with that!
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Stretch is finished!
For the last few days I have been working on back stitch. The border was almost done, but I hadn't done much to the dragon itself. So I finished up the dragon back stitch first, then I worked on finishing up the knotwork back stitch. It took 53 hours to do from start to finish.
Monday, August 20, 2007
Beginning of pink
T started doing the edging of the Tickled Pink the other day. Today I did a bit of taping off where I have to paint the chair-rail, door and moulding with white. Tomorrow my sister is coming over and we are cutting out flower petals with contact paper to make stencils. We have to mask out where the white petals will be, and just use a piece of paper to indicate where the dark pink centre will do later. It can easily cover the lighter pink, but white might not cover adequately. Some flowers may also have a white centre with dark petals. We'll figure out how much we have to cut first.
Monday, August 13, 2007
The 3rd coat of green is done.
It took a while but I've finally got the green paint done. It is a CIL Dulux colour called Celery Stalk. When wet it looks slightly greener that Mountain Dew, but it dries to a nice, light lime colour.
On Thurs. my sister is coming over to help map out where the stencils have to go for the flowers. We are using contact paper to mask off areas that will be white flowers petals, before the top part of the wall gets painted 3 coats of Tickled Pink.
Yesterday Hubby painted her desk white so it is ready to go in her room when all is done.
Sunday, August 05, 2007
Primer mostly done.
The primer is pretty much finished now. Two coats were needed to cover the navy blue. ( For previous photo check my July 2007 archives. )
Weezie's room is now a sea of white. I may still have to put some primer over the top part of the wall in various places, but it is generally okay. Tomorrow I have to sand a few areas and then everything needs a good wipe-down before I start painting the Celery Stalk on the bottom.