Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Gingerbread mufffins


Since some of by blogging friends occasionally post recipes and photos, I thought I would do the same. Thank you Shannon and Glenda for the inspiration!
Weezerella and I made these yesterday afternoon. They are yummy and not too sweet. I think raisins would be good in them too.

Here is the recipe:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ginger
3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 egg, 1 1/4 cups milk, 1/2 cup molasses, 1/2 cup melted margarine.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
In a large bowl combine both flours, brown sugar, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the centre.
In another bowl whisk together egg, milk, molasses and margarine. Add to dry in ingredients and stir just until moist.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling to top. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.

Comments:
Oooo, those sound great and I think I have all of the ingredients at home! Do you use powdered ginger?
 
Yes Christine I do use the powdered stuff.
 
Mmmm. Gingerbread! Now I'm hungry!
 
Gingerbread ? and muffins ? Oh you know this is a winner ! They look fabulous. Thanks for the recipe :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?