Sunday, June 26, 2005

Our resident wildlife.

Last night when we got home from dinner, we noticed something zip really quickly under the bushes at the front of the house. I say to Toni, "I hope that was a bird" because I am immediately thinking of rats or something equally nasty. He goes and ruffles the bush and out pops a tiny brown bunny! He says, "See, I told you we had a bunny" ( I thought I was shitting me ). There are whole bunch of wild bunnies down near the river and since we live maybe a kilometre away, I guess one of them got adventurous and went exploring. There are a lot of dogs around here, so we'll see if he decides to stay or not.

We also have a resident blue jay. He's quit the arrogant thing and sits around preening and taunting the dog. This morning he was sitting one on of the kids's swings and slipped and nearly fell off. The bird feeder that Lisa and Earle gave us is still sitting on the ground near the hot tub, since we haven't figured out where to hang it yet. The finches are happy, they go inside and are safe. The jay is too big to fit, but he cleans up everything falls out of the feeder and down the concrete steps.

I'll lurk around with the camera one day and try to get his picture.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?