Sunday, October 17, 2004

Greatest Canadian

So now the top 10 have been chosen and we are supposed to vote over the coming weeks. Each nominee is going to have a show devoted to him. Each show will air at 8pm on Mondays and Wednesdays starting tomorrow. Vote after each show at www.cbc.ca/greatest

The nominees are ( in alphabetical order ):


Sir Frederick Banting. Nobel prize winner and discoverer of insulin.
Sir Alexander Graham Bell. First phone call made from Brantford, Ontario.
Don Cherry
Tommy Douglas. One-time Premier of Saskatchewan. Father of Medicare.
Terry Fox
Wayne Gretzky
Sir John A. MacDonald. Our first Prime Minister.
Lester B. Pearson. Former Prime Minister and winner of Nobel Peace prize.
Dr. David Suzuki. Scientist and environmentalist.
Pierre Trudeau. Former Prime Minister.


Comments:
I was just thinking the same thing. I knew Banting would be on the list, but Don Cherry? Really? I mean I love a good butterfly collar on a man with no neck as much as the next person, but I am thinking that they really don't fit into the same category- maybe I'm wrong though- just a thought.
L
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?